Housing sales grow year on year…

…but fall from previous quarter

Housing sales grow year on year... 1The Diario reports that according to the information released today (25 June) by the Regional Directorate of Statistics of Madeira, for the first quarter of 2019, sales of family accommodation in the Autonomous Region of Madeira increased by year-on-year, but fell quarter by quarter.

In the first quarter, there were 799 housing unit sold in the Autonomous Region of Madeira (RAM), representing a quarterly decrease of 2.2% and a year-on-year increase of 11.6%.

New build sales grow

Of the total homes sold in the quarter, 618 were from the existing housing stock (77.3% of the total), the remaining 181 (22.7%) were new dwellings. Compared to the previous quarter, these two types of accommodation showed opposite developments – while sales of existing housing fell by 3.6% (+ 6.7% year-on-year), new housing sales rose by 2.8% (+ 32.1% year-on-year change).

The value of housing traded in the quarter was €103.5 million, down 3.2% from the previous quarter

Leave a comment

Translate »