“Punctual” airport. Brexit opinion poll change.

Madeira Airport “punctual”

Madeira airportVery little local news at the moment, but FN report on recent airport performance statistics published by Notícias ao Minuto. According to these, Lisbon Airport recorded a punctuality rate of just 40.3% on 10,017 departing flights during August, making it one of the very worst performing international airports (1,174 out of 1,194 surveyed). Porto airport was not far behind in 1,110th position, with a punctuality rate of 52.8% on 4,131 flights. In the Azores, Ponta Delgada ranked 993rd, with a record of 62.8% on 1,115 flights, with Madeira International Airport slightly better at 947 with 65.3% of departures without delays out of 1,006 flights during August. Faro was the best performing Portuguese airport, in position 939th, with 65.6% punctuality aacross 3,356 flights.
The report rates Madeira 2-star over the last twelve months and describes it as “punctual”, although from these statistics none of the Portuguese airports fared particularly well (photo Jorge Abreu).

Brexit poll shows reversal of opinion

Brexit clipartAn interesting article on the Reuters website at the end of last week, with an opinion poll showing that the majority of Brits would now vote to stay in the EU. The new opinion poll has shown that support for EU membership has reached a record high in Britain, with nearly 60 percent of voters saying they would now vote to stay in the European Union.
In the June 23, 2016 referendum, 17.4 million voters, or 51.9 percent of the votes, backed leaving the bloc while 16.1 million voters, or 48.1 percent of votes cast, backed staying. Polling by research bodies NatCen and The UK in a Changing Europe has found that 59 percent of voters would now vote to remain in the EU, versus 41 percent who would vote to leave. That is the highest recorded support for “Remain” in a number of surveys conducted since the Brexit referendum and a large reversal of the actual 52-48 percent vote to leave.

3 thoughts on ““Punctual” airport. Brexit opinion poll change.”

  1. When we staged through Lisbon returning from the Azores our flight to Heathrow was delayed. Air traffic control problems was the excuse.

    As for the swing for staying in the eu, remember that polls can be done so as to give you the result you want rather than a realistic result. Everyone I have spoken too insists we must come out. Other polls published are said to show people who voted to remain have changed their minds. Do, polls cannot be trusted. Barnier is now saying an agreement can be reached, another change of tune.

    Basically, don’t believe anything you hear and only believe half of what you see. Cynical maybe.

    Reply
  2. In the eu election Rauters got their results wrong. I predicted years ago the results what the out come be before the election. History books give you answers if you know what you looking for. Go by human being nature you wont go wrong as well. My election results been 100% right since the 80s

    Reply
  3. Too many parties cross all colours fault is Too high wages and warm offices and cant be bothered to get out and talk to the people in the street why world getting results it has at the moment. Learn from the history books or it all end in tears like the past. Good leaders learn to listen Good leaders say this been going on too long and defuse it quickly. Results happy people.

    Reply

Leave a comment

Translate »